Are you looking for a 1.5 Ton Energy Saving Air Conditioner for your home, and confused if you should get an inverter AC or a 5-star non-inverter AC? If yes, this post is for you. Below you can find all the differences between the two, and make an informed decision. Let us get started!
Inverter AC vs. 5-Star Non-Inverter AC
- Regular or non-inverter air conditioners have single tonnage and single-speed compressors. Whereas, ACs with inverter technology come with adjustable speed and tonnage.
- Inverter ACs work according to the heat of the room. It means that their compressor will speed up or slow down its speed as per the desired room temperature. The same is not the case for non-inverter air conditioners.
- The best Inverter AC 1.5 Ton or any other capacity can adjust depending on the different heat load of the space where it is installed. Whereas, the same is not true for even a 5-star non-inverter air conditioner or any other regular air conditioner. These are of fixed size and do not adjust depending on the heat load of the installed space.
- If you compare an inverter air conditioner of BEE 3-star rating with a regular or non-inverter air conditioner of BEE 3-star rating, the former is 7% more energy efficient than the latter. These details are from the data on power consumption by BEE. The same is also true for an inverter air conditioner of BEE 5-star rating and a regular or non-inverter air conditioner of BEE 3-star rating.
- From the above point, you can see an inverter air conditioner uses less power. Due to this, inverter air conditioners are also much quieter than regular or non-inverter air conditioners.
- The cost of an inverter air conditioner is that one point where it falls behind regular or non-inverter air conditioners. It can be a bit pricey. That being said, if you plan to use your AC for the long term, it will help you save a lot on electricity bills.
So, these are the major differences between an inverter AC or a 5-star non-inverter AC. We hope they will help you make the best choice.