Planning to buy an air conditioner but worried about the electricity bills? Air conditioners are the biggest energy guzzlers at home, among all electronic appliances. Being a long-term investment, it makes all the more important to take the right decision while buying an AC unit since it also involves your utility bills and other costs such as installation and maintenance etc. Confused whether to buy 1.5-ton split AC or 2 ton inverter AC? Don’t know which one to choose? We are listing down a few factors here to make your next AC purchase easier and hassle-free. Now choose the best AC brand in East Africa for your homes!
1. Capacity: The capacity of the air conditioner should be considered depending on the floor size of the room for which the AC is required. There is a considerable amount of difference when it comes to price as well as the cooling efficiency between a 1 ton split AC and a 2 ton energy saving split AC. Make get the air conditioner with optimum tonnage to suit your room size before swiping off your card!
2. Energy efficiency: Today, with rising mercury levels and increasing electricity tariffs, an energy efficient model of air conditioner is a must-buy. Air conditioners come with star rated energy efficiency ratings; also called EER, which has been standardised by the Kenya Bureau of Standards . Therefore, any unit with more stars will consume lesser electricity than one with a lower star rating.
3. Split or window AC: Another deciding factor is whether you want a window AC or a split model. Though window units are cheaper and easy to install, split ACs are quieter, aesthetically more pleasing and provide better air distribution.
4. Product Price & Air Quality: Price is another important factor to consider as more features and higher star ratings account for a higher price tag. Also, indoor air quality is very important when installing ACs at home. A good filter not only ensures clean air but also enhances the cooling performance and energy efficiency of AC by preventing the choking of evaporator coil due to dust.
5. Installation requirements: The window AC is a compact unit designed to be attached to the windows. A split AC has a compressor unit outside the house and one indoor unit inside the room, specifically designed for better flow of air.
6. Cooling speed: Ideally, the AC should have an adjustable thermostat (temperature setting) and at least two cooling speeds, including a minimum of two fan speeds as you may want to use variable speeds for different times of the day. Additionally an energy efficient setting will be a beneficial addition as it helps in saving energy while providing optimum cooling.
In addition to this, look out for any additional features you might want to consider; these features range from a dehumidification function to a sleep mode function and an air purifying mode. Daikin amazing product line-up gives you a plethora of options to choose from:
GTKJ series: With the promise of exceptionally cool air, Daikin GTKJ series comes with Daikin filters that absorb harmful germs and gases to provide healthy air for your family. Boasting of Daikin advantage, the GTKJ series features Streamer Discharge Technology that is highly efficient in cleaning the indoor air and reducing unpleasant smell and virus inside the room.
GTKL series: It runs quieter, cools faster and saves bigger. Daikin’s GTKL Series is designed in such a way to deliver a comfortable living environment for longer periods of time. Some of its features include Coanda airflow, Econo mode, Power chill operation and more.
GTHT series: Daikin GTHT Dual-Comfort series provides a 2-in-1 functionality - be it the scorching summers or the chilly winters, Daikin GTHT series would save you from the vagaries of fluctuating temperatures all year round. Along with Power Chill Mode that assists with Dual Flap Flattening for Faster Cooling, the series also features Daikin’s patented Streamer Discharge Technology for a smell-proof operation.
GTL series: Get an elegance-loaded air conditioning experience with Daikin’s GTL Series. Designed keeping in mind today’s dynamic air conditioning needs, this series strives to deliver cool air and maximize energy savings. Featuring an anti-microbial filter, the GTL series keeps air at your place clean and healthy by keeping allergens away. Additionally, with functions like ECONO mode, Good Sleep Timer off, in addition to some others, the air conditioners in this series have been engineered to deliver maximum performance while saving big bucks on utility bills.
GTQ series: Made to perform, Daikin’s GTQ Series promises superior level of comfort and exceptional cooling performance. Just set the temperature you want to have and its advanced compressor will turn your place into a place you always wished for.
GTW series: Daikin GTE series offer superior performance, energy-efficiency, and comfort in stylish solutions conforming to all interior spaces and lifestyles. With features like ECONO mode, Power Chill Operation, Coanda air-flow and a Stabilizer free operation, Daikin GTE series has been engineered to give you the ultimate air conditioning experience.